The second light is an old architectural reception that allows you to raise the space of the main room for two floors. But how to do it if the house is one-story? On the peculiarities of such a layout, we will tell in our article.
Advantages and disadvantages
The second light is called the hall without ceiling overlap. It is not only over one large room, from which there is a staircase on the second or attic floor to other residential premises.
As for one-story building, there is no ceiling in the living room, and the space increases due to the attic territory. Thanks to such a layout in the room you can observe intricate lines of the roof. Window openings are somewhat – on the first and attic floors. The top window becomes added second light for the living room. Often design large solid panoramic windows leaving from the first tier under the roof.
Layout with the second light is not found in every home. Despite the obvious advantages, the opponents of the double space is also enough. Before deciding to high ceilings, we should weigh everything for and against. Let’s start with the dignity.
- House with second light Effectan inside and outside.
- The living room is filled with light and air. To support the feeling of volume, they are trying not to overload furniture and even stairs make transparent, as if soaring in the air.
- Unusual large room well suggests zoning. On one territory you can place everything you need for life: kitchen, dining room, living room, cozy corner for rest near the fireplace.
- Huge outstanding space – the dream of any designer in which he can embody all his fantasies and create a unique interior.
- Panoramic windows often observed a beautiful natural or urban landscape.
- In the spacious room nice to meet guests, where everyone has a cozy place.
- High space allows you to use an extraordinary decor that is impossible in a room with conventional ceilings. For example, it is quite realistic to buy an elongated hanging chandelier with an extravagant design or set a football with a palm tree for two floors.
- The hall that goes under the roof is unusual, looks majestically and adds the status of the owner.
As for the shortcomings, unfortunately, they also have.
- The room requires effort and cash investment to create additional insulation, because the roof is visible above the head and there is no attic that creates an air half, insulating house. We will have to mount the “Warm floor” system, install additional radiators.
- If you need a useful attic area, then because of the layout with the second light it will be lost.
- Powerful acoustics of the Big Hall will interfere with the other rooms, it will be needed sound insulation.
- If the main premises there is a place for a kitchen or dining room, smells will also be distributed throughout the house.
- It is not easy to serve the bulk gym – to hang curtains, change the light bulb, make cleaning and even more repairs, will require special efforts.
- Not everyone will like large windows, opening a private space.
If the difficulties did not scare, but only strengthened the decision to build a house with the second light, we propose to pay attention to some projects.
The drawing of a single-storey skeleton house with a terrace has a size of 12.5 per square. M. From the living room with the second light of the door go to the hallway, dining room and one of the bedrooms. The entrance to the second bedroom is located in the kitchen.
Brous house with dimensions of 9.4 x 9.9 kV. M has three bedrooms, in two of them the entrances lead from the hall, to the third – from the hall. The main living room with the second light is located in the remote part of the house, which protects it from drafts.
There is no ladder in one-storey houses. But sometimes, she can lead from the hall to the viewing platform or to the entrance to the attic room, located above other rooms. In any case, good designer design of soared steps becomes the main decoration of the living room.
Designer decor of wooden, brick or block house with the second light makes it unusually attractive. Double ceilings are suitable for many areas:
- Cozy wooden house with fireplace in the style of chalet, is located in the mountains;
- The lounge with the second light in the Scandinavian interior is endowed with the viewing mini-floor;
- Living room Provence with a fireplace is equipped with homely comfortably;
- The room in a modern style with large panoramic windows, allowing to overcome the calm landscape of rural land;
- Loft in the interior with large-scale glazing.
Rooms with second light decorated with designers are always beautiful and cozy. This can be seen in the examples:
- hall with a large zoned area;
- winter Garden;
- Beautiful landscape behind panoramic windows;
- a large house with a spectacular roof breakfast;
- single-storey villa with second light;
- house with terrace on the lake;
- amazing concise minimalism;
- Interior of the kitchen with the second light.
The second light in a single-storey building makes it unusual, spacious and comfortable.
About the frame house 10 * 12 with the loft and the second light, see the next video.