Before separating private household siding, it is recommended to consider the issue of efficient thermal insulation of the walls. For summer cottages, it is enough of the simplest facing, but if accommodation is supposed to be accommodated in the house in winter, you should think about more solid and thorough insulation.
There are many materials that have high performance characteristics and can serve as a reliable insulation.
The most common:
- Plates from basalt fibers;
- Foam plates with a thickness of 3 cm and 5 cm;
All of the above insulation are completely safe, from the point of view of ecology, they are also quite affordable, it is not difficult to work with them.
Mineral wool most often used for wooden buildings.
This material is inexpensive and has a number of unique properties:
- Provides effective air exchange;
- easy mounted;
- durable if it is operated correctly.
Pros and cons of the material
For the insulation of the house under siding, minvat (basalt fiber plate) is usually applied. The material is not afraid of moisture, it is hygroscopic and is able to reliably protect the coating from negative external influences, including temperature. The insulation consists of fibers that are made from rocks. The material is good in demand due to its low price and great efficiency.
Another remarkable quality of this insulation is his complete non-calamity. Rock molecules do not give the opportunity to light up the cotton with which it is impregnated. Also insulation racks to various deformations.
The thermal resistance of the insulation is approximately the same as the 195-centimeter layer of bricks from silicate. Vata also does not affect aggressive chemical compositions. It does not decompose and does not mold, the mushroom or disputes of the simplest microorganisms will not start.
Before starting work on the insulation of a brick or wooden house, mineral wool is impregnated with a special solution that has hygroscopic properties. Thus, the insulation layer can serve as an additional waterproofing protection.
Mineral wool today is presented in a wide range.
Varieties may differ from each other in different criteria, including density.
- From 35 to 50 kg / m3 – very soft, air material. It is realized in rolls and bags, you can insulate horizontal surfaces.
- 75 kg / m3 – slightly tougher material, they are also shed horizontal planes.
- 120 kg / m3 – more rigid minvat, it is equally well used for both walls and floors and ceilings.
- From 148 to 170 kg / m3 – has increased rigidity. It is used most often for the insulation of overlaps in attics, as well as vertical planes.
- 220 kg / m3 – very dense material, can withstand large mechanical loads up to 10 MPa.
In terms of minvata, it is divided into the following types:
- glass gaming;
Like all the material, the Minvaty has its advantages and disadvantages:
- low price;
- does not conduct heat;
- does not burn;
- long service life;
- does not contain toxins;
- has a high parry permeability ratio;
- you can mount it with your own hands.
- Large share;
- represents a threat to the skin and upper respiratory tract.
Mineral wool is usually insulated:
- wooden buildings;
- houses of brick;
- Concrete slab buildings.
Standard thickness parameters are 5-10 cm. Mineral wool sold in the form of rolls or plates.
What kind of mineral cotton choose?
When choosing a suitable material, it is necessary to pay attention to some points. In Minvate, an important indicator is the number of fibers that are present in the structure of the material. It is very important to understand that the weight of the fibers and the weight of the wool itself is not the same. The best minister of the TA which has better fiber, it allows you to most effectively counteract high temperatures.
The density indicator describes the following characteristics:
- static formation even with long-term operation;
- good resistance to mechanical effects.
Minvati density ranges from 32 to 167 kg / m3.
The density indicator from 43 to 110 kg / m3 makes it possible to use wool to finish the ventilated facade. If the density of Minvates is above 110 kg / m3 (140-160 kg / m3), this suggests that cotton can be used for the treatment of decorative plaster “Coroed”, “Barashek”, “Mosaic”.
Most often for insulation uses minvat lower density (from 30 to 50 kg / m3). Such material applies only indoors and is covered with plasterboard or clapboard. Also, such a cotton can be used for insulation and sound insulation of the roof.
To select the desired cotton to insulate the facade, it is recommended to remember the quality of the material. The domestic minvat is heavier, its density is about 150 kg / m3 (manufacturers “Technonol”, “Thermolaife”, Dunova). European companies offer lighter material with a density of 110-115 kg / m3 and even lower. The coefficient of thermal conductivity of such a wool is better. In heavy cotton, more binding components, Western manufacturers reduce the presence of resin and pay more fiber quality.
As a result, such products have the best characteristics, with the weight of the material noticeably below (by 20-30 percent). Justice should be mentioned that the cost of such a insulation is noticeably more expensive than the domestic.
When purchasing insulation, it is recommended to weigh everything for and against. Russian Ministry of Minute is not worse than European in quality, but by weight she may vary.
The work associated with the thermal insulation of the facade under siding consists of several main stages.
- Before attaching mineral watts to the walls, they should be carefully cleaned and scatter. We are expanded and close in cement mortar the smallest cracks, as well as chips and shrbins. Align in the blades, if the slopes are damaged, then they are rebounded.
- The surface is then treated with alkyd or acrylic primer.
- Necking bars of bars sizes 3.5×4.5 cm. They are attached to the wall with a dowel.
- Steamproofing is performed, for this, the PVC or mastic film is usually applied. The first option is more preferable, it is inexpensive and reliable, the material is easily attached to the vertical planes with a stapler.
- Then mineral wool is stacked as insulation. It is easier to work with the minvata in the form of plates, only they need to be fixed stronger, to avoid slipping.
- When insulating a log house, it is necessary to provide waterproofing in the form of a special diffuse membrane. Its design allows you to remove excess moisture from the plates, which is formed by the appearance of condensate. His appearance is inevitable, especially in the cold season. The temperature on the street can be minus, the wall of the house is warm – this is a real background for the settlement of the smallest drops of moisture on the vertical plane. If you do not take care of protection, then for several years, the walls of the house will ruin.
- During installation it is necessary to leave ventilation gaps at mandatory. Between siding and waterproofing from the outside, leave a small space of 3-5 cm using special rails. This allows moisture not to settle on the surface, but evaporate due to intense air exchange.
- Minvat is perfectly combined with metal and vinyl, so for siding this material is considered the best solution. Before making a crate, bars should be missed by a special antiseptic primer, as well as refractory mastic.
- The thickness of the bars largely depends on the thickness of the mineral wool layer. It is also very important that the insulation is securely fixed in his “cell”. It is best to mount the slabs in a checker order; At the same time, special attention should be paid to the joints, they must be isolated.
- After installing the insulation, on top, they laid a special membrane, which will protect the material from wind loads and moisture. Such a “pie” effectively misses the air flow and delays excessive moisture.
- If the insulation is mounted on brick walls, they must be pre-purified. Microparticles of material should not peel and stay on palm. When installing the insulation on stone and brick walls, galvanized guides are used for crate.
Specialists have developed recommendations for the choice of insulation, depending on the climatic conditions of this or that region. For example, for the central, northwestern, Far Eastern region and the Urals, the optimal thickness of the insulation layer is 20 cm. For the southern region there will be a layer of 15 cm thick, and for Siberian – 35 cm.
To warm up the facade of Minvata, the following tools and fasteners will be required:
- Anchor mounts;
- Special glue;
- level and plumb;
If we consider specific trademarks, then experts recommend paying attention to the following products.
“Beltep facade 12”
Basalt insulation “Beltep Facade 12” is used to insulate the supporting structures. The second name of this wool is stone.
Possesses such properties:
- does not burn;
- does not absorb liquid;
- Does not contain toxins.
The material is produced in the form of plates in size 60×100 (120) cm, density 135 kg / m3.
Insulation “Tehnofas” (manufacturer “Technonikol”) has a thickness of 10 cm. The base for creating this material is basalt, obtained after processing rock.
- does not burn;
- does not absorb moisture;
- Effectively stores heat;
- Good sound insulator.
It is used in the construction of both private houses and administrative and industrial facilities. The energy-saving effect reaches 40%, is characterized by good resistance to the effects of moisture and temperature.
Insulation “Rocklayt” (thickness 5 cm, manufacturer “TechnoNIKOL”). Raw materials are extracted from rocks. The insulation is very effective, is an excellent soundproofer, does not contain toxins. Especially popular among owners of private houses.
For details on the use of minvati to insulate the house under siding, see the next video.