In older furnaces on the roof you can often see a big chimney. Over time, central heating began in the dwellings, and in the stove as such no longer. Boilers came to her shift.
The principle of work remained the same, but with minor changes and additional details. The cap or the visor on the chimney pipe belongs just to the composition.
Visor for chimney is an important detail that helps to function properly function, and is also an additional facade accessory. The cap performs a number of specific functions. For example, protects the channel from precipitation or trash enter, and also allows you to improve.
The trumpet on the pipe most often resembles an umbrella, fungus or canopy. It is mounted on the top of the pipe. In addition to the generally accepted name, there is more official – Flugark.
To date, a large number of various umbrellas for pipes are represented on the market. They are classified for appointment, material, form and appearance. All of them are quite different, but the principle of operation is the same. In order to understand how the cap is arranged, it is necessary to figure it out in its constituent elements.
- Protective visor. This is directly the top, canopy. Can be performed in different shape (polyhedron, pyramid, cone) or at all have a flat surface and form a square or parallelepiped. This element protects directly inside the pipe from moisture, snow, garbage, insects or birds.
- Apron. It is located around the umbrella and acts as a fuse from hitting oblique rain. It is necessary to avoid corrosion on the chimney pipe itself. This is especially true if the pipe is made of iron, and not brick. Apron helps to increase the life of the structure as a whole.
- Brackets. Are elements of fasteners. Brackets are presented in the form of oblong plates of thin, but durable metal. Required for connecting the cap and apron. Most often for these works need welding, but in homemade installations you can use rivets.
The basic principle of construction is that the required air flow falls into the pipe, having previously divided into portions about the fluugark. Then, based on the laws of physics, to the place where fresh air came, rushes smoke, changing him in places in density. Smoke moves up, and the air is down.
Another of the numerous functions of the visor is that it protects against accidental fire. Some models are installed a special grid, which is called the Sparky. This item is considered additional and therefore it is not found in all versions. But it can be purchased separately.
Turbine deflectors should be part of the fluglass, as they ensure the increase in thrust, despite some design features of the chimney. But most often in homemade models they are not found.
No matter how good the visor in its operation is a number of minuses that need to be considered when choosing. One of these is the danger of incorrect installation of the device. If you mount the chimney or the hood with errors, then the thrust may noticeably decrease or the abyss in general. And this means that all combustion products will not fall into the chimney, but will become failed, which can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Another disadvantage that villages are distributed among residents can be called that a visor with time will need to be replaced, since the flaps remains, soot. And if cheap materials were selected, the umbrella will be completely unusable, as it will procee or deforms from the temperature difference.
Review of species
The market contains a large selection of caps on chimney pipes. You can find models with:
- by the sparkman;
All smoke flugars are classified by types and external characteristics. For example, in shape, the chimney is round, rectangular and square.
Flowagra themselves are divided into several more species.
- Standard. Such caps have a pyramidal form. Performed from one whole metal sheet (for small pipes). If the chimney is large, then welding of several such sheets is possible. At the apron are attached by brackets. The most common option in the market, as well as for independent design.
- Four sheet nozzles (they are also called the hip roof, as the design is very much resembles the shape of the roof). An ideal option for a brick chimney, since this model has a large coverage area and is performed for any dimensional range.
- With semicircular umbrella. Popular option for houses that are completed in European style or loft. Such chimneys are very beautiful and decorated decorated. But this species has not so much effectiveness, and protection against moisture ingress or other precipitation is significantly lower.
- Flat visors. Differ in that the canopy is made exactly, without protruding corners, in the form of a square or rectangle. More often such installations can be found in houses weathered in the style of minimalism. Suitable for brickwork, but it is not recommended to use them just for iron pipes. Due to the features of flat visors in winter, snow does not roll, which gives additional load on the brackets.
They can be deformed under strong severity. And also if the weather is quite changeable, then it can form frightened.
- Round with cone-shaped umbrella. Applied for simple pipes similar shape, for example, for a bath. Well spend craving, but quickly come into disrepair. And also do not have a dropper.
- Single-table are the simplest structures. Used for single-sided roofs (flat).
- Double. Suitable for roofs of different configuration. Used both round and square chimneys. The disadvantage of such a design is that there is no protection against winds and getting droplets into the pipe.
Some designs may have additional features, such as the opening cover. This is relevant for models intended for large chimneys, or those connected to the fireplace. The folding cover at times simplifies the technical maintenance of the chimney itself and the visor.
Before you choose the visors, you need to get acquainted with the list of materials from which they are manufactured. Each option will be suitable for a particular use. It is necessary to choose the right raw material that will be responsible for the following characteristics.
- Resistance in operation plan, especially in the conditions of temperature drop. And the corrosion resistance must be present.
- Strength. It is usually measured in the possibility of mechanical damage. For example, the snow during the departure from the roof can interfer the Flyagark.
- Life time. When installing, the place is taken into account, where exactly the visor will rise (home the heating or bath system).
The material that is most often used for the manufacture of the cap is a metal profile (copper, stainless or galvanized steel).
But it is worth noting that galvanized steel is considered the most strong foundation. She has high rates of strength and resistance to corrosion.
Next is stainless steel. It has less strength, but it adapts well to temperature drops and has high corrosion resistance.
Copper visors – due to their beauty and attractive finishing result – are the most expensive of all options.
On all metal profiles, you can make a wrought ornament or anyway to decorate the chimney.
Often for a long service life, the flugara is covered with special paint. For example, powder, which compacts the surface, helps to avoid deformation and creates an electrical insulating layer. And also apply Pural paints, plastisol, polymer. They should not be used immediately, but after a few years. The liquid before drying will fill the microcracks and will help align the layers that have been subjected to some changes.
Tips for choosing
For the correct selection of the visor, you need to pay attention to some features.
- The umbrella must be 1-1.5 times the size of the pipe or brick masonry.
- Before choosing the material, you need to know exactly what it will be to dry in the oven. It is necessary to calculate the approximate temperature of the outdated heat.
- The surface coating should be durable and resistant to external factors, corrosion and temperature drops, and should not be toxic.
- If the design is assumed to be installed on the boiler in the boiler room, then you need to consider an additional smoke and a dropper for moisture. This moment is important if it is not provided in the visor itself.
- In the case of a chimney or fireplace, flugades must be equipped with a second bottom. It will help reduce condensate.
- When installing it is important to choose the right angle of inclination, so that the precipitates do not accumulate. This is especially true in winter when snow from heat is tapping and forms frightened or icicles.
- Height and dimensions will always be calculated from the amount of emissions of the smoke, which should leave the furnace and not stick in the chimney.
It is very important when choosing a flugypse to pay attention to the material from which the design is made, especially if a long service life is required. There are a large selection of models in stores: from the simplest, which are very inexpensive, to exclusive forged products to order.
FEATURES OF MONTAGE
Many independently install visors on chimneys. But still there is a risk of error when mounting.
The most common miscalculation is an additional mesh from birds, which is mounted on large chimneys. The main snag is that in the winter period, condensate is formed on this grid, which does not dry. And under reduced temperatures, it freezes on the design. It turns out that condensate creates a small blockage first, and then, all the larger and more, can form a whole plug and do not miss the air, preventing. And if there is no traction, then the whole product of the combustion goes back to the boiler or oven. It turns out that it is necessary to additionally purify the flugark from the land.
The second error is non-compliance with the distance and sizes. These two parameters affect air flow and thrust force. If the proportions are observed in a smaller side, then the thrust may be absent, if in a large – the visor does not protect the pipe from moisture.
Another popular error lies in the fact that the umbrella is purchased at the last moment or attached on the installed pipe. Both of these errors are fraught not only by improper installation, but also by non-payment in size, which, again, will affect the thrust.
Installation is a very laborious process that requires a serious approach. It is necessary to think through all possible options and choose the optimal for this chimney. For example, For the heating boiler, which has an efficiency – more than 85-90%, the classic pyramidal cap cannot be applied. It is best to choose a conical flugark, as it will not be formed on it.
You should explore all the necessary additional components, especially if the installation is made separately from the whole structure. For example, the cap burned, and it should be replaced – it is necessary to find either the same or approximate by characteristics.
On average, flugades serves from 3 to 5 years. Up to 10 years, the design may exist if additional reflectors have been made. But the thick and dense cap from copper serves from 20-25 years and more.