In a huge assortment of various building materials, brick has been remaining the most sought-after and relevant. It is built from it not only residential buildings, but also public or production buildings, as well as various kinds of surplus buildings. To silicate brick, you can safely apply if the construction of high strength build is planned. This building materials choose many users. Today we will consider in detail what sizes and features such a brick has.
What it is?
Silicate brick is an artificially produced building material for the correct form of parallelepiped (non-standard instances may have other forms). Produce it from quartz sand and lime. It has excellent strength characteristics, and also guarantees the perfect geometric shape. It should be borne in mind that this factor is important not only for the aesthetics of the facade, but also for the quality of the docking of its components.
The smallest between bricks will be the seams, the less noticeable in them will be the bridges of the cold.
Features, Advantages and Disadvantages
Currently, the range of building materials pleases its manifold. You can choose perfect products for any construction work. Speech can go both about a small superior construction of the type of chicken coop and more serious construction, for example, a large cottage. In many cases, people choose a silicate brick as the main raw material.
This building material was applied in relevant work relatively recently. The technology was proposed only in 1880, but this period was enough to understand that the buildings from silicate brick are entitled to boast of increased strength, durability and reliability. This popular raw material today has many positive characteristics that make it in demand among consumers.
Get acquainted with them.
- First of all, you should pay attention to the strength of silicate brick. Options are issued with M-300 marking, which are able to unbless to carry pressure up to 30 MPa (this value is significant). It should be borne in mind that silicates are adapted to serious bending loads (up to 4 MPa).
- Silicate brick resistant to shrinkage. Buildings from it are not subject to crack formation. In addition, they are not terrible shifts of the foundation foundations.
- The white silicate brick itself is quite attractive and aesthetic. Of this product, very neat buildings are obtained.
- Silicate brick is very convenient in construction. For this building materials suitable almost any masonry mixtures.
It can be both cement-lime and polymer glue solution. Wanted special compositions do not have to.
- Such a building material is not demanding in care. He is unpretentious and durable.
- Competently made structures from white bricks are characterized by a long service life. It is usually about 50-100 years old.
- Silicate brick is such a material that it can boast good sound insulation characteristics. In buildings, irritating street noises will not be heard from this raw material, which attracts many people.
- Since a component is present in silicate brick – lime, it does not need additional antiseptic processing. On the walls built from the specified product, mold or fungus appears extremely rarely.
- The construction of silicate brick is good because they do not have for the foundation foundation of serious pressure and are sufficiently light.
- Another weighty advantage of silicate brick is clear geometry. Thanks to this quality, in buildings from this building material, there are almost no cold bridges, and it is much more convenient to lay similar details.
- On the walls of silicate brick is not heighters.
- Silicate brick is safe from an ecological point of view. He is not able to harm human health during construction, nor after their completion. For the Environment, this material is also absolutely safe.
- Many users prefer silicone bricks because it is not a flammable. Yes, and the burning itself does not support. However, it should be borne in mind that a silicate brick does not like high temperature indicators – the marque is 500 degrees Celsius. If the heating occurs in the specified limits, the brick will, of course, will remain as much and will not fall apart, but its level of strength will significantly decrease.
- Such building material has an affordable price and is found in many outlets, so it is not difficult to find it.
If you decide to contact a silicone brick, then you should know not only about his pros, but also about minuses.
- The main disadvantage of this building material is high water absorption. Because of this, such a brick is subject to destruction in low temperatures (frozen water simply cuts the stone). That is why from silicate bricks do not make the foundation foundations, because they are unlikely to get high quality and reliable.
- Silicate brick does not have the high quality of frost resistance. It is desirable to use it only in the southern or middle regions. For cold areas, such a building material is fascinated that for Russia – a big minus.
- On silicate brick, as a rule, there are no decorative components, as well as beautiful smooth forms. Sell such materials only as standard.
- This building material is characterized by high thermal conductivity. Buildings from this brick necessarily need to warm.
If you decide to abandon an additional insulation, and instead to build too thick walls, then you should know that in the end it will be not very profitable.
- Despite the fact that it is possible to build a slight building from silicate brick, this material itself is more severe than its analogues, which creates certain difficulties in its transportation.
- In the modern market there are a lot of low-quality products issued for reliable and durable. Buildings from poor-quality bricks serve not long and quickly begin to collapse.
- The color palette of such brick is pretty scarce – there are only white and red materials. In their production, the pigments are exclusively resistant to alkali, and there are very few. True, with substantial moisture absorption, the colors of the brick begins to change – gray. Because of this, the construction becomes less aesthetic.
How can you see deficiencies in silicate bricks much less than advantages. Of course, much depends on the specific party, the materials from which you purchased. That is why experts recommend buying such products in proven establishments that have a good reputation in your city.
Main characteristics and composition
High-quality silicate bricks must have a number of performance characteristics, thanks to which they can be used in different construction work. There is a separate category of this building material. It includes products having a non-standard form (far from parallelepiped) and the same dimensions. With the use of such elements create different kinds of interesting architectural structures.
For example, it can be spectacular and rich arches, neat rounded angles or vaults – options for using non-standard bricks a lot. The dimensions of these parts are determined by those and applications to the GOST. Under the control of the paragraphs of the GOST there are the following characteristics of silicate brick.
- Strength level. Materials with marking M75-M300. To prepare inland walls, it is customary to use any bricks with a suitable level of density. As for the cladding works – only brick with marking is not less than M125 or a stone (double brick) of the brand not lower than M100.
- The level of frost resistance. Create a silicate brick of the following brands – F25-F50. This means that building materials of a different class without losing their useful qualities withstand from 25 to 50 frost and thawing cycles.
- Thermal conductivity. Here it means a certain amount of heat that can start with such a brick per unit of time. At silicate brick, the indicator is not the highest.
- Fire safety. This parameter depends on the direct composition of the brick. It should not be combustible components.
- Radioactivity. This parameter in silicate brick does not go beyond the mark of 370 BC / kg.
As for the composition of such products – it is the same for all subspecies of bricks. It usually includes such components:
- quartz sand (80-90%);
- harated lime (10-15%);
- Filtered sand.
But here the structure of such raw materials may vary, which affects his characteristic qualities. Distinguish silicate bricks with the following types of structures.
- Forthotic. This is a monolithic silicate product in which there is no void. At the same time, the raw material may have a certain amount of pore, which affects its density. Full-scale brick options are more dense and strong. In addition, they are distinguished by a rather long service life and the minimum degree of water absorption. However, it is necessary to consider that full-scale bricks are characterized by the highest thermal conductivity coefficient, as well as maximum weight.
- Hollow. In the structure of such materials there are voids (diverse holes). These models are easier. They also have good soundproofing and thermal insulation qualities. But these bricks are absorbed into their structure more moisture, holding it longer.
It should also be borne in mind that various requirements are presented to the ordinary and facing silicate brick – the highest of them relate to exactly the second options. These details must necessarily have perfectly correct dimensions, uniform color and the corresponding level of strength. Such a brick must have two facial surfaces (perfectly smooth) – spoonful and twitch. Some manufacturers produce products in which only one specified surface is present.
The facial type of brick can be both hollow and full-length. It may differ in his color and be, for example, yellow or black. Its invoice can also be very interesting – with imitation of gold, aged stone and other similar objects.
Private bricks are used to build internal wall bases. Here, minimal requirements are presented to products. Current ribs and foundations may occur. Also not prohibited the presence of chips or peeling. However, defects should not be too much, and they should not affect the strength / reliability of materials. The brick of the ordinary subspecies is also full or hollow. It does not produce neither color, nor textured for quite clear reasons.
Making high quality and durable white brick manufacturing technology It is considered quite simple and consisted of several important stages.
- First prepared and stirred the necessary raw materials – 9 parts of quartz sand and 1 part of the air lime. Usually 2 main methods are used for this – silage or drum. The scene is considered more effective, but takes a lot more free time.
- After that, competently harvested raw materials shift in special molds. It is extremely important to remember the permissible level of humidity – it should be no more than 6%, in order for the material turned out rather dense and durable. Working pressure at this stage should be 150-200 kg / kV. cm.
- Next, harvested elements move to autoclave. These parts are also undergoing a special processing of hot steam, the temperature of which should reach 170-190 degrees Celsius. As for pressure, it should be not more than 1.2 MPa. In order to load and heating were optimal, changing the temperature values and pressure is carried out very slowly. At the whole processing process usually takes about 7 hours. Achieving the mode and temperature reduction takes about 4 hours.
Given all the advantages and disadvantages of the popular silicate brick today, it is allowed in the following areas.
- With the erection of carriers, self-supporting or interior walls in buildings with 1 to 10 floors.
- When preparing a different kind of hozpostrok. Exceptions are only those structures where a high level of humidity will occur. So, for the manufacture of a bath, for example, a silicate brick will not fit at all.
- From the specified raw materials are building different fences.
- Silicate brick is permissible to apply in the manufacture of serious industrial facilities.
- As for underground erection – here silicate brick applies only in exceptional cases and only under the condition of high quality waterproofing. Otherwise the construction will not last long in these conditions.
Before you go to the store for buying this raw material, it is necessary to consider that it is not used for the manufacture of wells or base structures, as well as the foundation foundations. That is why before purchasing silicate bricks, it is necessary to clearly determine for which purpose it needs you.
Quality bricks must necessarily comply with the dimensional parameters specified in GOST. This is especially true of the goods used in the manufacture of large construction objects. The parameters of such products in no case should not go beyond the permissible boundaries – such elements are not usually allowed.
The current silicate bricks are produced with the following dimensional parameters (standards):
- Ordinary single – similar species have a length of 250 mm, width of 120 mm and a thickness of 65 mm. (the immediate weight of these products depends on their structure – full-scale either hollow);
- One-time (thickened) – have similar parameters of length and widths similar to the above, but their thickness reaches 88 centimeters;
- Double (silicate stones) – the parameter thickness of the brick of this type is 138 mm.
How to choose correctly?
In order for any construction of silicate bricks as strong as possible and reliable, it was not long before the destruction, while at the time of the choice of building materials themselves should be very attentive. Specialists advise paying special attention to the following important points.
- If a slightly knock on the silicate brick, the subject of metal, then the sound must be quite ringing. If you heard a deaf szvuk, it may indicate a low-quality material drying.
- We must not forget that the conditions for storing such building materials will definitely affect his quality and durability. If the bricks lie in the open sky, their positive qualities will be significantly reduced, so it is not worth buying such goods, even if it has a tempting price.
- The quality of the packaging also plays the quality of the packaging, as well as brick delivery. Experts recommend buying products sold in special secure height pallets. This is explained by the fact that in such a container bricks much more difficult to damage or destroy.
- Pay attention to the integrity of silicate bricks. They should not be large damage and large chips. If such were noticed, it is better to give up from buying better and search more quality products. Otherwise, the construction of this raw material can do not get the most reliable and high-quality, though cheap.
- When making a purchase, be sure to check whether you are planning to purchase what you ship.
Vigilance at this stage should not be satisfied, otherwise it will lead to additional spending.
- By itself, this material is inexpensive, so it’s not worth the challenge for a record low cost. The goods whose price is shockingly low, may well have a bad quality. Building from such raw materials will not last long, you will have to redo work, but already with new bricks, and these are extra spending.
- If you are looking for a suitable facing material, then you should choose only high-quality options for perfect performance – they should not have any defects or damage. It is advisable to give preference to beautiful textured instances. In addition, such products may have not only white color.
- Try to acquire such building materials in proven outlets known in the city of your stay.
In the next video you are waiting for the pros and cons of silicate bricks.