Decorative brick is a brickwork imitation. Finishing material helps to place a wall without using wood, wallpaper or plaster. Some believe that with this finishing option it is impossible to create a cozy and pleasant design, others are confident that the brickwork in the room is something that will help make the original and atypical style. Before choosing a material, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with its characteristics and types to acquire exactly what is suitable for the interior of the room.
Pros and cons
Decorative brick – material is extremely popular and popular due to excellent technical characteristics. Thanks to its advantages, he attracts the attention of many people. Main positive qualities.
- Has a small thickness, so it can be used even in small rooms. Quite often there are brickworks from the interior brick in the hallway.
- Well maintains heat, has low sound permeability. Insulation indicators – the most weighty plus products.
- It is made of high-quality, safe materials that do not distinguish any harmful substances, is environmentally friendly, not capable of causeing allergic reactions.
- Easy to install, as the elements are small and easily attached to the walls with special glue. Even a person without experience will be able to finish the material.
- It is quite easy to cut off if necessary, it can be used to design the corners and joints.
As with any finishing material, the decorative brick has drawbacks:
- The surface of the elements is rough;
- Low hygroscopicity.
These characteristics do not allow the use of elements when finishing any problem areas, for example, some species cannot be used to design apron in the kitchen.
There are several types of decorative bricks. Each of them has its own characteristics and qualities, so before purchasing any of the elements it is worth examining the features of all options to choose the most suitable.
- In the manufacture of clinker bricks as the basis take ceramics, so sometimes it can be called ceramic. He can serve a long time, even if the humidity is increased in the room. Not much polluted, it is easy to wash it, so it is quite often possible to see this kind of brick in the design of the wall in the kitchen or in the bathroom. The material is not afraid of temperature change, so it can be used in rooms that are not heated. The most durable and practical option. In the production process, the mass from which elements are made are subjected to double thermal hardening, which allows you to lay clinker elements both on the wall and on the floor. Another positive quality is heterogeneous color gamut. This species has the highest cost.
- Gypsum (Venetian Stone) It has adequate value. He is rather fragile, but despite this, it can serve for many years, as practical and hygroscopic. One of the varieties of such brick is cement. It is stronger, not afraid of mechanical impacts. The sticker of the items is performed quickly and easily.
- Original and unusual type of finishing material – flexible brick. It is a decorative tile, which is capable of quickly and simply change the form when heated (you can use a warm air flow from the hair dryer). This is a unique option that is very convenient to design walls having a complex configuration, a variety of prototypes, columns or arched floors.
- Wall panels – Material that is manufactured from MDF, glassfibobreton and PVC. It is extremely easy to use, it is strong enough due to the protective coating that allows elements to withstand friction and moderate blows. Ideal for restaurant or bar. With it, amazing authentic interiors are created. Maybe fifteen years old, without losing quality and attractive appearance. It has a small weight and thickness, widely used when finishing drywall partitions. Easily processed, you can cut the element using a conventional knife, easy to install. Persistent, not afraid of strong humidity, mold or fungus. There are many different design options for such elements, so you can choose something interesting from the variety of shades and a variety of textures.
The laying of decorative brick is suitable for many interior styles, it is important only to arrange the surface. The unique texture of this material is the perfect version for Loft style. Any room will look more aesthetic and original. You can use elements in the kitchen or bedroom. Most often in this style, decorative brick is used to design one wall, which is an emphasis. The color of the elements can be any depending on the taste of the owners. You can give preference to light colors, as well as bright, saturated shades – brown or brick. If the room is spacious, the black accent wall will look an extraordinary and beautiful.
If the room is decorated in the country style, brick is used for one wall, which is background. Usually this design is chosen for the kitchen. Often rooms can be prepared inserts from elements along the doorway or arch. Usually the interiors in a similar style of extremely lungs and simple and create an atmosphere of ease. It is imperative not to use for registration of heavy elements that may disrupt the created harmony.
Unusual and creative style for lovers of all interesting and incredibly aesthetic – Gothic. Drawn up in gloomy shades. It is worth useing a black brick. The interior will look elegant, as it connects the deliberate severity and romanticism.
The most trend and modern style – minimalism. When decorated, the minimum number of parts is used, the decor is extremely discreet, strict and concise. The main color is white, but you can allow the enclosure of some color accents. White brickwork – exactly what is necessary for such an interior. Good “partners” for her will be the wallpaper of bright shades, having a light print and a floor of a tree.
To the design of any of the interiors looked beautiful and aesthetic, it is necessary to correctly choose areas and shades of the product. It should be purchased what will be harmonized with the palette of design and furniture items.
It is necessary to take the design of this premises extremely carefully, since it is precisely in it most often a variety of solemn events, family gatherings and meetings of friends. Modern interiors make it possible to use an accent in the form of a brick wall that makes the room more cozy and atmospheric. Masonry is a wonderful decorative element, so it is not necessary to decorate it. If you still want to add something, you can put several beautiful photos or posters on the laying. They will look harmonious and will not litter the room.
For the living room you can choose any hint of the product. It is important that it is successfully combined with the design. Some make out one wall, others decorated individual sections. Both options look worthy. It is incredibly attractive and interestingly looks like a fireplace or a brick oven, as well as a niche located in the wall, which will create a special, pleasant and cozy atmosphere. The perfect option for the living room combined with the kitchen is a brick wall of medium sizes, which will help split zones.
Brick elements in design look extremely warm, so quite often this element is used when the bedroom is cleaned. Brick is perfectly combined with a variety of facing materials. Often with the help of it is performed by the walls of the head of the beds or the one on which the TV panel is. If the room is too narrow, and the back of the bed is located at the long wall, it is this surface is made up with interior bricks. This allows you to make the room wider, as the wall is moving visually.
If the corridor is small, it is suitable for decorating with a light decorative material, the surface of which is a glossy. Similar option allows you to make the room more and more spacious. Most often, such a solution is used for Scandinavian style or minimalism. You can make a fragmentary finish of red brick, laying the angles, areas at the joints of the surfaces, arches zones and opening the entrance door. If the room is large, the laying can help with zoning.
Even if the room is extremely big, you should not use too much bricks in its design, as it can ruin the interior. It is better to make brick masonry with a link between different types of finishes. It is worth it to correctly determine the wall on which the material will be placed: the masonry must be on the surface on which natural light falls. If there is a desire to use a red brick, it is better to use the sources of additional lighting, since such elements will absorb light.
It should be remembered that some types of interior bricks are not suitable for the design of the apron. It is worth choosing wall panels or tiles. Similar materials with ease copes with any operating conditions.
Bathroom and toilet
The microclimate in the bathroom and the bathroom is specific, so the interior brick is not too good for these rooms. If it is still used, you should process the elements with a special means that the owner of the apartment saves the owner from mold. Also better take advantage of the antibacterial composition. Rough surface of brickwork and snow-white plumbing – a combination that looks extremely attractive. In most cases, the surface is drawn up with plastic panels or tiles that mimic brick.
Make a loggia with a decorative brick – a good idea, because it looks harmonious and beautiful. If the balcony is small, it is worth choosing thinner elements. Through such a finish, you can create a cozy and pleasant stay for recreation and relaxation. Used both light and dark brick. If you wish, you can make a place around the doorway with gray or aged brick. Both options look very interesting and modern.
How to make it yourself?
Some like it to make decorative tiles for decorating themselves, since with independent manufacture you can create an unusual texture. It is extremely easy to make it, this does not require any special equipment. Material made of foam – the simplest option able to help decorate the original interior. To create a similar product, you will need fine-grained foam. It must be chopped to get individual elements (25 by 12 centimeters). If the surface is perfectly smooth, you can glue bricks right on it. If not – the plywood panel is manufactured.
Elements are fixed on the panel using a PVA with a gap, which is a simulation of natural masonry from bricks (10-15 millimeters). To make a laying more natural, you need to apply cracks through a knife or soldering iron (you can use any sharp object). Next, the panel is placed on the wall, after which you can paint the elements of acrylic paint. Two or three layers should be applied, starting with a dark shade and finished by light. Breakters are best for painting.
Beautiful examples in the interior
With the help of brickwork, you can make an incredible interior, which will delight the owner of the apartment for a long time, creating a warm atmosphere.
- Bright design in which the brick wall is extremely harmonious fits from the decorative material of gray shades.
- An interesting solution for bold and creative personalities who make creating a concise interior.
- Pleasant design in which the brickwork is element of the decor.
How to make decorative brick with your own hands, look in the following video.