The formation of high-quality and reliable brickwork – the task is not out of simple, but it is possible to cope with it and without the involvement of the brigade of experienced masters. The main thing is to use suitable tools and devices that will make installation easier and fast.
Consider in more detail what templates and tools can be used when it comes to creating a brick structure.
Purpose and features of fixtures
As with other construction work, when creating brickwork, it is customary to use special tools and adaptations. Most of them are usually bought in specialized stores, but permissible to let and self-made devices. Of course, more experienced masters who face similar works are often addressed more often.
Consider more, what standard tools exist, what is their purpose.
- Kelma (or trowel). This device is a compact flat surface blade for more convenient retention. It is necessary for laying a binder on brick blocks. Then this composition is neatly distributed by Clavma. With this device, unnecessary slices are removed.
- Extending. This device looks like a narrow groove fixed on the handle. The extension is required for high-quality forming of seams, control over the level of their thickness, cleaning unnecessary pieces of composition. Fixes are convex and concave. In addition, when choosing this adaptation, it is important to take into account his profile.
- Small hammer. Competently chosen hammer will need for squeezing brick parts to give them the required dimensional parameters and shapes. Also, with the help of this tool, it will be possible to adjust the minor inaccuracies of the installation to the still uninterrupted (or considerable to the end) binder solution.
- Building level. Without this device, most construction works do not cost. Level allows you to check the horizontal or verticality of the base with which you work. The most popular are bubble and laser models. The second, of course, is more expensive, it is easier to use them.
- Plumb. This is an adaptation, which is a cargo in the form of a cone or bullet. It is fixed on threads not possess elasticity. Thanks to the master, the master appears the ability to keep the vertical vertical structures under control relative to the displacement of the thread fixation point on the horizontal section.
- Template, Reiki, Rule and other devices that are needed to control the conformity of the design form.
- Poisoner. This thing is an inelastic high density thread. It stretches along the rows of brickwork and is used as a linearity landmark.
- Order. Simply put, this is a large ruler corresponding to the smallest width of a number of blocks.
- Kuvette. Otherwise this tool is called the dispenser. It is a small reservoir without a bottom. The walls in it can be both straight and mowed. With the use of the dispenser, it appears the ability to correctly measure the required amount of the binder solution for a specific seam section and immediately give it the required length, width.
- Dispenser-order. This is a cuvette, complemented by mechanisms for marking. In addition, such devices are often characterized by an adjustable length indicator and the presence of support mechanisms.
- Comprehensive dispenser. Such an “helper” consists of levels and other. Also, it may contain additional components necessary for molding of figured type seams.
With the help of a comprehensive dispenser, you can align and retain masonry.
The template is able to become a very useful and efficient device for quick bricks masonry. You can make it with your own hands. Of course, you can purchase ready-made models in the construction store. As a rule, such goods have the ability to adjust all dimensional parameters. If you wish to save money, it is better to proceed to independently making a template.
First you should dwell on the main geometric parameters of the masonry seam (there is a height and width). In this case, much depends on the material used in the construction. Based on the technology of laying and used blocks, the dimensions of the template niche are detected.
For the structure of the template you will need:
- Box from plastic appropriate size (or plywood sheet);
- Drill (better to use an electric tool – it is more convenient to work with it and faster);
- Special corners of steel;
- a hammer.
If you were able to find a suitable plastic box, the template will produce much easier. In addition, plastic itself is more durable and strong material, but at the same time sufficiently light, which is very important when making a masonry work. If you have not found such a reservoir, you can make the model of the required dimensions from sheets of LDSP, plywood or rails.
To begin with, you need to build a simple box without the bottom. Its width should be a little more brickwork itself.
The design should consist of several main components.
- Frame with longitudinally located walls of wood. The gap between the wooden planks must fit the thickness of the wall. Since these planks will be present outstanding the lower parts, with their help it will be convenient to align bricks during styling.
- Handles for transfer. Thanks to these details, use the device will be much easier and more convenient.
- Transverse details. Basically, they are made of special strip steel. This element makes it possible to keep laying linearity under control.
Templates for brick masonry are also called dispensers, because with their help it is possible to properly dispense the volume of the laid solution.
Set of mason tools
In the modern market of building materials and tools there are many practical and convenient in the operation of items, using which the creation of brickwork is simplified at times. It is worth considering in more detail what tools are usually allowed to move professional bricklayers when laying a brick, when deculating seams between separate blocks and to stretch the cord.
For brick stacking
This category includes devices purchased for the workpiece of wall bases, as well as for lining of brick facades. Without these fixtures, a bricklayer will not be able to work efficiently and efficiently. Indispensable in this case is the trowel, called Klavma. As mentioned earlier, it is a triangular spatula with a bent knob. The standard length of such a blade reaches about 18-19 cm.
Also a bricklayer for brickwork need a trowel. They are laid by a binding solution of the required thickness on the brick basis. In addition, the craftsman lubricate the seams between individual bricks. They also remove the surplus.
The Kellema handle should be as comfortable as possible and non-slip to use it was easy.
The second most important is considered Hammer-Kirk. Its length is usually 30 cm. One side of this tool can be assigned to climb the brick so that the material is most closely laid in the correct position, and the second – to prick bricks and cut down.
The shovel for the solution is still a fresh building composition stirred to homogeneous consistency. In addition, it is stacked by the mixture on the wall, if it is wider than 1 brick.
In addition, the mason must keep under control the level of brickwork so that it turns out perfectly smooth.
For this use:
To fill the seams
No matter, you are engaged in laying blocks for design wall, pillars, screw arches or columns. In any case, you will need to competently process the seams between individual bricks, hooking them using special tools.
Give the joints between blocks aesthetic appearance without the use of special devices is quite difficult. Usually for this use the extender. The length of this device can reach 130-150 mm. As a rule, the extending is a thin and narrow plate resembling a small knife.
With the use of the board, it is possible to spend the stamps of the seams of almost any type.
It can be:
- joints of the violating.
Based on the seam thickness parameter, its structure and location, diverse domestic boards can be launched. They can also differ in the cross section profile. Also, finishing and putting the seams between individual bricks can be carried out with the help of a trowel.
To stretch the cord
If we are talking about the process of laying brick blocks to design the wall base, then the angular parts are first prepared. Only after that they collect the rest of the design elements.
Purchase cord in this case allows you to lay out all the bricks, adhering to a single level. Mostly cord make from fishing line, capron or very durable thread. Most often it is attached with the help of conventional nails in the laying or immediately to the order.
As a rule, the thread is stretched at a distance of about 2-3 m above the edge of the previous row. This is necessary in order not to contact with laid bricks in length.
Tips of professionals
Picking up Kelmma, it should be borne in mind that there are two types of this tool:
- K-B – options with a triangular blade;
- K-P – Fixtures with rounded corners and pointed base.
To transfer the masonry composition of the perfectly smooth layer of the desired height is difficult to even experienced masters. That is why experts recommend using a special template. If you do not want to do it yourself, you can buy a ready-made option in the store.
Multiple templates can be used immediately, especially when it comes to the construction of a major object. In such conditions, not only wooden, but also metal or plastic products can be used.
Already the finished pattern can be used not only to calculate the correct rows of bricks, but also for laying different blocks, for example, aerated concrete or slag.
To make a dispenser from a tree or plastic “lived” longer, damaged parts in it should be subjected to timely replacement.
Wood options should be treated with varnish characterized by high wear resistance. For example, it can be an effective parquet composition. NS
Risk independently making template can prepare easy drawings. So creating the design will be easier. In the completion of work, any tools should be well cleaned from residual solutions and mixtures. If this is not done, they will quickly fail.
Overview for a template for masonry bricks, see the following video.