Boric acid is one of the most effective and inexpensive means that are used to combat ants. You can use it not only in the garden or in the country, but also in the house.
Properties of boric acid
Boric acid is recognized as one of the most popular antiseptic agents. The product is a colorless and tasteless powder. It dissolves well in alcohol and boiling water. In warm or cold water to dilute it is much more difficult. At the beginning of the last century, the drug was used to treat wounds and treatment of colds. It is now used mainly in industry, including to combat insects.
Boric acid is of great efficiency. So, in order to get rid of the whole colony of ants, it is enough to infect only one insect. Once in his body, the product will cause poisoning. Saying the remains of the ant, who deceased in this way, his relatives will also affect and die.
The advantage of this drug is that, although the powder is able to kill a whole colony of ants, he does not harm. The same can be said about pets.
Product is in free access. So you can buy it in any pharmacy or in the household chemical store. Recipe for his purchase to have with you not need.
How to apply?
In order to get rid of ants in a residential room, boric acid use in different ways. The easiest of them – scatter a dry powder in those places where ant trails were seen. It acts quite effectively. The result can be seen in a few weeks.
But Most often, insects are preferred quickly and more effectively. For this prepare various bait with all sorts of additives.
Acid in powder
As a rule, boric acid sold in the form of powder is used to combat ants at home. There are a large number of simple folk recipes based on this product.
Tool with buroys. To prepare this product, you need to take 5 grams of boos and boric acid, 10 grams of honey or jam, as well as 40 grams of sugar. All these ingredients must be mixed and pour into the appropriate capacity. It is located next to the garbage bucket or in any other place where ants were seen.
- Blend with egg. This bait is prepared with two egg yolks. First of all, they are slightly whipped with a fork. After that, half of the tea spoon of boric acid is added to the tank with yolks. The finished product is rolled into the balls, which are located in different places at home. In order for them better to hold the form, you can add a little flour into the mixture.
- Minced meat against ants. To prepare this simple bait need to mix 3 tablespoons of minced meat and 1 teaspoon of boric acid. The mixture must be rolled into small balls and arrange them next to the plinths or other places of accumulation of ants. Can be prepared from pork or beef. Spices and salt in mince are not added. It is worth noting that if there are animals in the house, it is not recommended to use such a bait. They can eat her first and choose.
- Egg Primanka. To cook it is enough to boil the egg and, clearing it, rub on a small grater. In a bowl with this product, you need to add one teaspoon of boric acid, thoroughly mix. Increase the concentration of the toxic substance is not worth. The mixture can be supplied simply so, but you can add some water to it and make the balls from it.
- Bait. Sweet mixture very actively attracts insects. To prepare such a simple bait, you need to mix 1 tablespoon of sugar powder with a teaspoon of boric acid. Dry product need to pour on napkins. Locate them also needed in any places available for ants. Make a bait more efficiently possible, collecting a dry product in warm water. The solution should be poured into a shallow bowl or a plastic bottle with a sliced throat. Already the next morning after installing such a trap in the container, you can see caught ants.
- Potato Primanka. This mixture is prepared on the basis of potato mashed potatoes. Two tablespoons of the product must be mixed with a tablespoon of melted cream oil. There you have to add 2 egg yolks and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Components thoroughly mix. After in a bowl with a finished product you need to add a boric acid bag. From this mixture you need to form small balls. Use them immediately after cooking.
To attract the attention of insects, you should always use fresh bait. If necessary, they are updated every 3-4 days. If one bait does not work for a long time, you need to try to replace it with a new, made on the basis of another product. To improve the effectiveness of this method of combating insects, they need to overlap access to water.
Mrack ants can be both preparations with a boric acid solution. They work as efficiently as dry mixes.
Most often, liquid bait prepare on the basis of glycerin. Her plus is that it is kept for a long time. Therefore, prepare a solution of once, it can be used several times. For bait you need to mix 4 teaspoons of glycerol with 2 tablespoons of water. To these ingredients it is necessary to add 2 teaspoons of honey, a teaspoon of boric acid and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
Breed the mixture. When it is ready, it must be heated on a small fire until the dry components are completely dissolved. After that, the product needs to cool. Before use, the liquid is simply spilled in shallow containers, which are set in different parts of the house.
Helps cope with insects and a mixture prepared on the basis of sugar syrup. She is also preparing very simple. 2 0 ml of water add 2 teaspoons of sugar or honey. After that, half a teaspoon of boric acid. The mixture is thoroughly mixed. Bowls with a sweet mixture are set in those rooms where insects were noticed.
Features efficacy and solution with yeast. For its preparation 1 tablespoon of yeast divorces in warm water. Next to the container with this product adds a tablespoon of boric acid and as much jam. All ingredients are well mixed. After that, the mixture is poured into a plate and is used for intended. With such a sweet solution with a strong smell, you can attract a large number of insects.
The resulting solutions can be “served” in savors, or smear the product on cardboard blanks. They are usually done in the form of long strips and lay out in those places where ants usually live.
And the solution can be poured into a spray gun. Using it, you can handle hard-to-reach places, for example, ventilation mines. Do it it is necessary 1-2 times a week.
Use boric acid is very neat. Despite the fact that it does not have a significant negative impact on the human body, it’s not necessary to work with her children and pregnant women. In the process of making bait, it is worth following the following rules:
It is necessary to work with this product only in gloves;
After all manipulations with boric acid, it is necessary to thoroughly wash with soap;
To protect the respiratory tract, you need to wear a mask or a gauze bandage;
Prepare solutions or mixtures standing in ceramic or glassware;
After using the bowl, it is necessary to wash thoroughly;
If the reflection laid out on napkins or pieces of paper, they need to burn after use;
It is impossible to make a powder on food, dishes or cutlery;
No need to increase the dosage of the drug used;
Boric acid remains need to be stored where animals and children will not be able to find them;
lay the bait needed in unavailable for children and domestic animals.
To increase the effectiveness of anti-ants, you need to keep the house in order.
Can not be left in the remains of food available for ants, especially sweet. All products must be stored in tightly closed containers and packages. In this case, insects will not have any power sources. And it is also very important that they do not have access to water sources. For this shell and all work surfaces need to wipe dry.
If there are pots in the house with flowers, they should also be interpreted regularly. If insects were found there, they need to be carefully treated with soap solution. For its preparation use 2 tablespoons of soap chips and liter of water.
The house must always keep in order. Getting rid of ants, the apartment must be carefully removed. In the process of cleaning, it is necessary to clean all hard-to-reach places, as well as wipe the doors of cabinets and table tops by vinegar. It will not only clean the surface from dirt, but also disinfected them.
Summing up, we can say that Boric acid, really, well helps to bring insects from home. Therefore, it can be used instead of sprays, fumigators and other chemicals.
About getting rid of ants boric acid.