The organic is a type of wood-fiber plate, differing from the usual Fiberboard material a higher degree of density of highly pressed fine fibers. Despite its porous structure, organitis is a solid and durable material that is used for construction and finishing works, and also used in the manufacture of furniture products.
The organic is not considered an independent nomenclature unit and separately not regulated by state standards. This woodworking leaf product is a type of fiberboard, the manufacturing technology of which and quality standards fall under GOST 4598-86 standards.
Externally, organic looks like a material that one side is smooth, and the other is rough.
The material is based on woodworking waste – crushed to minimal wood fiber fraction. These components are mixed with adhesive polymer composition and are compressed under high pressure. The adhesive mass contains formaldehyde, which is harmful to human health. Laminated coating that is applied to some organity brands, significantly reduces harm from formaldehyde, preventing its evaporation and improving the properties of this material.
The composition of wood and fibrous material includes a number of ingredients.
- Phenol formaldehyde resins and polymer binders. They glue the wood fibers among themselves, as well as give the material high density and strength.
- Petech (product of the processing of the tall oil component), as well as other polymer compositions that increase material stability to mechanical effects.
- Antiseptic composition, which affect the stability of wood fibers to the effects of fungus, mold and prevent rotting processes. These additives also increase material stability to moisture.
- Antipiren – Substances that give the material a certain fire resistance.
- Hydrophobic Paraffin additives, riverphole and other resins. Components provide material water-repellent ability.
According to technical documentation, organic contains no more than 1.3% of the binding adhesive composition relative to the total mass of the material. In addition, the composition of polymers is allowed to use only low-toxic components.
According to the provisions of GOST, materials related to the organity are divided into 3 main types.
- Soft organitis, marked with the letter “M”. The weight of this material is small, due to its low density, which is 100-500 kg / m². If you carefully consider the surface of the sheet, you can notice his porosity, like a cork tree. Such anger is used for finishing works indoors. With it, it is equipped with partitions, align the floor, ceilings or walls.
- Solid organic, marked with the letter “T”. Due to its high density, which ranges from 500 to 800 kg / m², the material is positioned as moisture-resistant and can be used not only for finishing, but also for the needs of construction. Externally, such a material is similar to a solid sheet of technical cardboard. The moisture resistance in the species of this material having a film lamination is especially well expressed. Dense sheets are used for the manufacture of tare boxes, as well as in furniture production.
- Superhard organic, marked with the letters “Art”. Its density ranges from 800 to 1100 kg / m². The structure in such a material has reinforced monolithic strength, so organite is used in the construction sector, in the manufacture of furniture products, for the manufacture of internal interior doors and for other needs.
To improve the appearance of the wood fibrous plate during its production, lamination of the film is used, as well as the surface coating with paint or varnish.
The most popular option is organic without adding any finishing components. This sheet of natural beige color is often used to perform rear walls in drawers or cabinets, manufactures transport boxes and other carboards with its use, and used in construction and finishing works.
Resistance to moisture in various types of wood-fiber plates differ depending on their density. For example, a semi-solid material marked by the “NT” letters may be in water more than a day and at the same time swells only by 40%, and the superhard species of “ST” in the same conditions will swell only by only 15%.
Harget wood-fibrous sheets are manufactured by pressing under the action of high temperature modes. Grinding components of wood fibers are connected to a hot polymer adhesive composition. After careful mixing, the composition is subjected to action of a defiber that splits the components of the material by the explosive way. After this stage from the resulting composition in special forms, ready-made sheets are cast, which are placed under a hot press with high pressure. The next stage of production is the drying of the sheets in a special drying chamber.
The production technology of organity in something similar to the MDF manufacturing methodology. The difference is that the pre-breaking of the fibers contributes to their better splitting, which, in turn, makes it possible to produce even very thin sheets.
Scope of application
The organic is widely used in various fields of economic sectors. This material can be used as a light partition inside the room, organital sheets equalize the ceiling, it can be used for walls of the kitchen, having prepared them under the tile. The density of the material makes it possible to apply it and for artistic purposes. For example, Picture written by oil paints may have an organotic basis.
When performing repair work, fibrous sheets can be applied to the black alignment of the floor before laminate flooring or laying parquet board.
The organitic leaf can be applied as insulation when the walls of the country house are trimmed. Besides, It is also known as a furniture element, without which it is difficult to imagine a modern cabinet or even its separate box. For furniture, thin and solid types of material are used, they are used everywhere by manufacturers, due to the strength and low cost. Sheet-fiber material sheets are used for the interior decoration of railway cars, sea liners, internal arrangement of road transport passenger machinery.
In the field of cargo transportation, organitis is an indispensable material from which the cargo is made when packaging of goods, transport boxes and carbillars are manufactured. Availability of material, as well as its low cost and ease of cutting explain the wide scope of use of organice.
Varieties and labeling
As already mentioned, the organite is considered a variety of wood-fibrous plates, so it is subject to standardization according to GOST 4598-86. We have already affected the topic of labeling. Let us dwell on it in more detail. Depending on the strength and embodiments, the organic is marked as follows:
- solid, with the facial surface of the raw type – the brand “T”;
- solid, with the processing of the front surface by a fine mass of wood – brand “TC”;
- solid, coated with the front side of the paint – the brand “T-P”;
- The solid, made of the wood components of the thin dispersion, has a painted front side – the brand “T-SP”;
- solid, resistant to moisture, with an unprocessed surface – brand “T-B”;
- solid, made of wood-powered dispersion components, resistant to moisture, with a painted facial surface – brand “T-SV”;
- Low hardness sheet – brand “NT”;
- sheet of superhardness and high strength, the front side is not processed – the brand “ST”;
- Superhard leaf made of wood components of a thin dispersion, refined from the front side – the brand “STS”.
An organity that corresponds to the brands of TS, TSP, TP, and T, in turn, divide on the quality of the processing of the front surface on 2 varieties – I and II. The refined organic may be bilateral. Some brands have a laminated coating or a decorative view in the form of perforation.
Perforated material is used in furniture production or as a finishing material for premises – for example, it can be a heating radiator screen.
Orolete panels have a standard size, but it can be different depending on which thickness of the sheet. The most common indicators are dimensions from 1.2 to 6 m in length and from 1 to 1.8 m in width. Large panels are most often used in construction or industrial purposes. For household needs, organic is used, the length of which is 2140 or 2750 mm, and the width is 1220 mm.
In the manufacture of wood-fibrous slabs, minor deviations are allowed in its dimensions.
- For soft types of material, the discrepancy between the length and width is permissible within 5 mm both in the greater and in the smaller side. As for the thickness, its error may be no more than 1 mm.
- For solid types of material, the discrepancy in length and width is permissible within no more than 3 mm both in large and in a smaller side. In the thickness of the error is also allowed within 3 mm.
According to the provisions of the GOST, the maximum length of the organic is 6100 mm, and its width may not exceed 2140 mm. Thick, this material is always thin – its maximum size is 6 mm.
The refined sheets of wood and fibrous material have a decorative coating on the front surface. Organiza sheets can be impregnated with dye under production conditions at the preparation stage of pressing mass. This technique allows you to achieve dye resistance and high-quality distribution throughout the material. The most versatile and in demand is the white organity, the second most popular is the black color.
To decorate sheets of wood and fibrous material use film. Its color execution can be different – can be transparent or color option. Film with a pattern can mimic wood texture, stone or ceramics.
Obtaining an organity is carried out by coating its front side by varnish – this method allows you to create a glossy surface or matte, depending on the type of applied varnish composition.
The cost of decorated organity for 1 sheet will be significantly higher than the price of a regular sheet without special processing. But such costs pay off, since the refined material acquires a number of valuable advantages:
- Decorative coating protects the leaf of organic from scratches, chipping and moisture effects;
- Laminated material can often be hygienic treatment, while it is easily cleaned and does not absorb foreign smells;
- Protective processing extends the service life of the fibrous material up to 20 years;
- A variety of colors and textures can significantly expand the range of material application and increases its aesthetic qualities.
The main qualities for which the fibrous product is valued is its durability of operation, resistance to mechanical impacts, moisture resistance and practicality in application. All these properties are combined in one material, which has a rather low cost.
How to pick up?
Organitis offer almost any profile shopping points, so you will not comply with the problems. But when choosing the sheets of this material, you need to take into account some important nuances.
- Leaf’s work dimensions are 2140 by 1220 mm and have a thickness of 2.5 or 3.2 mm. Non-standard sizes may have a high trade margin.
- The material II material II may have dimensions of 1,700 per 2745 mm, while its price will be the same or slightly lower than that of a sheet with standard sizes I.
When choosing in the process of purchase, the material is recommended to carefully examine. Quality Item I variety should not have chips, scratches, races or cracks. Pay attention to the presence of pits or bends on the sheet.
If the waviness is too expressed, it is better to refuse to buy.
Material organic is used only for internal works and dry premises, for outdoor use this product is unsuitable. Choosing the material, it is necessary to determine which hardness you need. Even the most super hard sheet can be cut at home under the size required for use. To cut the fibrous sheet, you will need a conventional electrolovik or circular joinery saw. The cut of the material with these tools is flat, without jar and torn edge.
If necessary, a dry leaf of organics can be painted with paint or varnish. Today, this material has become universally used for repair or finishing works produced in homes and apartments. Ceilings, walls or flooring from an organity have become a familiar element in private houses, in household buildings or warehouses. To complete the facing by an organota on the decorated surface, the framework of the rails is pre-installed, only then the sheets of material are fixed to it. Configure the material will help conventional nails or self-tapping screws. In contrast, the organity is more lightweight material, so it is easier to use it in.
In some cases, it is possible to fix the sheets of organity with the help of glue – for example, this is done when wall decoration. Pre-surface the walls are cleaned from plaster, putty or old wallpaper, only then apply the adhesive composition on the wall and the material itself.
For flooring at the floor, you can adhere to the following technology:
- with the help of a painting brush, the sheet surface is moistened with water;
- Sheets smoothly lay the stack on each other, then let them dry at room temperature for 2-3 days;
- When the sheets of the material become perfectly even, begin to lay them from the far corner of the room;
- To properly adjust the length of the last sheet, it is placed on the previous sheet and cut with a sharp knife, and then bleed;
- Sheets to the crate are nails;
- When sticking a sheet with a door platband, it is recommended to trim not leaf, namely the door platband itself.
Orolet allows pretty quickly and without long cash costs to perform the necessary scope of work. This wood fibrous material is reliable in use and has aesthetic appearance.
About what kind of organitis is and how to primrate it, look in the following video.