The comfortable life of a modern person is impossible to imagine without electricity. But centralized power supply is not always available and can work with interruptions. Therefore, creating a backup power supply system, equipping the cottage or preparing for a ride to nature, it is worth considering the features and a model range of diesel electric generators “VEPER”.
The company “VEPER” was established in Russia in 1996 and is engaged in the production of gasoline, gas and diesel electric generators of household and industrial purposes.
Production facilities of the company are located in Moscow, Kaluga and Germany.
The main differences between the diesel generators “Vepr” from the analogues:
- Reliable diesel engines with high efficiency from leading manufacturers of Yanmar (Japan) and Lombardini (Italy), thanks to which the generator works longer and more efficiently in cheaper Chinese models;
- Modern production technologies and high-quality components;
- Safety – Products of the company has all the necessary certificates of quality and security for free sale in the Russian Federation, including environmental;
- Compact minimalistic design – the open design of most models makes it easier and reduces them, and at the same time simplifies their maintenance;
- The relatively low noise level is the maximum value of the amplitude of the sound when the devices are running from 65 to 78 dB (that is, at the sound level of the noisy street);
- The average price category – Russian devices will cost more generators produced in the PRC, but noticeably cheaper than the products of firms from Germany and the United States;
- Wide service network and accessibility of spare parts – Thanks to the Russian origin of the manufacturer, the repair of equipment “Wear” will not be a problem in any of the regions of the Russian Federation.
Currently, the company “Power system” under the brand “Wear” produces two main varieties of diesel generators.
This category includes generators of the ADP-based ADP series, intended for the organization of power supply during country trips (for example, turcoming). The most popular of them are presented below.
- ADP 2.2-230 VSI – B – the easiest (48 kg) and a cheap option in a model range of the company. It is characterized by a maximum power of 2.2 kW (current up to 8.7 A, one-phase voltage 230 V) and due to 12.5 liters, it is possible to operate continuously up to 12 hours. Equipped with manual starter and yanmar engine.
- ADP 5-230 VS is a model with a maximum power of 5 kW (19.6 A, 230 V) and work time up to 3 hours (5.5 l tank). Mass – 90 kg.
- ADP 5-230 VSI-B – upgrades of the previous model, at which, by installing a tank of 12.5 liters, continuous operation without refueling up to 7.4 hours.
- ADP 5-230 VSI BS – differs from the previous version by the presence of an electric starter.
- ADP 6-230 VL-C – Generator with the Lombardin Motor Maximum Power 6 kW (230 V, 23.9 A). Weight – 123 kg, working hours without refueling – 2 h. Equipped with electric starter.
- ADP 6-230 Vl-BS – upgrading the previous model with a tank of 12.5 liters, due to which the work time increases to 5 hours.
- ADP 10-230 Vl-BS – is distinguished by an increased to 10 kW power at a weight of 153 kg.
- ADP 6.5 / 3,2-T400 / 230 VSI-C is an option with the YANMAR engine and 2 modes of operation – single-phase 230 V (power of 7.2 kW) and three-phase 400 V (power of 3.5 kW). Duration of work – up to 3 hours, weight of 15 kg.
- ADP 6.5 / 3,2-T400 / 230 VSI BS – differs from the previous model with an increased up to 7 hours of work.
- ADP 20-T400 VL-BS – Powerful (20 kW) Generator with Lombardini Motor and 2 modes (230 V and 400 V). Mass – 237 kg, work time up to 8 hours.
This type includes mini-power plants of the EH series and ADS, intended for stationary installation in country houses and backup power systems. In the Russian market such generators are the most common:
- Ada 8,5-T400 RAM2 – three-phase (400 c) model of an open structure with a capacity of 8 kW and a mass of 227 kg with a tank volume of 36 liters;
- Ada 8-230 RL2 is single-phase (230 V) open generator with a power of 8 kW, weighing 180 kg and with a tank volume of 36 liters;
- ADS 16-230 RAM4 – closed household (230 c) option with a capacity of 13.6 kW (844 kg, 100 l);
- ADS 55-T400 RAM4 – closed industrial model (400 V) with a power of kW, weighing 1.2 tons and a tank 100 l.
How to choose?
To select a suitable generator option, you need to consider the following factors.
- Portability. If you need a powerful and inexpensive generator for the cottage, a country house or a reserve power supply, it is worth purchasing stationary variants of the ADS series and ADS. If you plan to use the device in nature, it is better to give preference to compact lightweight models of the ADP line.
- Power. OT of this parameter depends the maximum load of consumers connected to the generator. For stable work, it is desirable to estimate the power of all electrical appliances in advance, which you are going to power, and acquire a mini-power station with a capacity, double-exceeding the value.
- Work voltage. For household purposes, single-phase generators with a voltage of 230 V, for industry, you need to buy three-phase voltage generators 400 V or combined options.
- Starter. Generators with manual launch cheaper electric starters, but their launch may require significant physical effort. For a system of backup or industrial food it is worth buying models with remote starting or automatic switching system.
- Frame. Open models are easier, cheaper and better cooled, and closed options are characterized by a smaller level of noise and greater safety. In addition, closed generators are better protected from dust, water and random damage.
Review of the diesel generator “Wear” in the following video.