Sandob concrete blocks – full-scale wall and hollow, 200 × 200 × 400 and other sizes – widely used as material in low-rise and commercial construction. Their weight allows not to raise the load on the foundation. About how the choice and laying of blocks from the sandbetone is carried out, about their merits and disadvantages should be learn more before you choose this building material to perform work.
Pros and cons
Sandob concrete blocks belong to the category of molded building materials with clearly installed geometric parameters and characteristics. They have many advantages that determine the choice of builders in favor of exactly this type of artificial stone.
We list his obvious advantages.
- Moisture resistance. It allows you to guarantee the protection of the design from the influence of external factors.
- Excellent strength characteristics. This applies even to standard blocks. In addition, improved sand-concrete products are presented, reinforced with polypropylene fibers or fiberglass.
- Life time. Manufacturers guarantee the preservation of material characteristics for 60-100 years since its release.
- Heat insulating and soundproof properties. They are higher in hollow options, monolithic on this indicator are quite comparable to ordinary concrete. When choosing a suitable option, it is important to find a compromise between the thermal insulation properties of the material and its strength characteristics. In addition, the hollow blocks are better than the ability to sound.
- Biological resistance. Sandob concrete products are not affected by damage under the influence of fungus, mold.
- Fire resistance. When opening with open fire, the material retains its properties for 10 hours.
- ECOPE safety. In the sandblocks, components that have a negative impact on the state of the environment are not used. In the course of operation, the design remains completely safe to health.
- Economic Benefit. The structure of sandblocks during the construction costs 2-3 times cheaper than the brick analogue.
Like any other material, the sandblocks also have certain disadvantages. Blocks are pretty heavy – It may complicate the masonry process, affects the calculated loads rendered on the surface of the foundation. In the composition of the blocks there are no porous fillers, Therefore, they keep warmly worse than ceramzite concrete.When used in residential construction, it will require an arrangement of additional heat insulation.
Low parry permeability. It affects the air exchange indoor. In the absence of properly organized ventilation in the premises it will be stuffy, moisture will begin to accumulate, the microclimate will deteriorate.
In addition, the lack of strict quality control leads to the fact that the material from different manufacturers differs significantly in its properties.
Main characteristics and sizes
Sandob concrete blocks are a material made from a mixture of cement, sand and water. In addition, it may include additional ingredients that modify it that ensure the larger plasticity of the mixture. Production is carried out by vibropressing the solution. Depending on whether sandbetone is intended for walls or laying of foundations, it is made by the hollow or full-scale.
Weight of products depends on their size and composition. On average, the molded artificial stone has a lot of one element 23 kg. Standard blocks of blocks are:
- 390x190x188 mm;
- 200x200x400 mm;
- 100x200x400 mm.
The density of sandblocks reaches 1300-2200 kg / m3, they are pretty heavy, while high and strength on compression, reaching 100-150 kg / cm2. The material is quite attractive for construction work, but it is not too often possible to meet in multi-storey construction. Similar to that significant accompanying costs of ventilation, vapor insulation.
All sandblocks are classified on the basis of their destination and features. The manufacture of these materials is not so strictly standardized as in the case of brick or other elements. General requirements are determined on the basis of GOST 13579-78 and GOST 6133-99. They have only functional importance – non-ferrous or decorative varieties are not produced.
In its structure, all sandblocks are divided into two types.
- Hollow. They have inside the cavity that reduce the mass of products affecting its heat-insulating, soundproofing properties. Two-frequency blocks can have end-to-end or incomplete holes in the form of slots, cubes, cylinders. And the number of holes may be 4, 6 or 8.
- Forty. These are classic blocks molded by vibropressing. Constructions from these products are more massive, require additional insulation. That is why they are more often used to build build-up buildings – garages, shed.
Another classification method provides for the separation of elements according to their intended purpose. Here presented options are more diverse.
The main group of sandblocks used to masonry outdoor walls, wears just such a name. They are also referred to as ordinary, because on top of the masonry design is necessarily covered with decorative trim. These blocks have the simplest form, they are cheaper than others. The structure of the material can be hollow or full-scale.
It does not affect other properties and product characteristics, its purpose.
Peskobloki for partitions inside buildings and structures are available with only 10 cm thickness. They have the same form as the usual, may include emptiness, but more often are made full-scale.
These sandblocks are also referred to as the facial. They can have 1 or 2 sides that do not require trim. This is usually sidewall and end. The laying of such blocks does not need additional refinement. In view of the finishes of the coating can be rough or polished, smooth and grainy.
Sandob concrete blocks of this type are intended for masonry bases and bases. They are produced both in full-scale and in a hollow version, marked as FBS or FBS. They ensure the necessary strength and reliability of the base, may have additional polymer or reinforcing additives in their structure.
Many large enterprises are engaged in the release of sand concrete blocks on the Russian market, as well as private companies. In the Moscow region, you can purchase products of the plant “Stroma”, producing hollow and full-scale products. Partition and foundation modules of this type can be found from the company PC “Moscentrstroy”. And also find the right product from companies “Basis-M”, “Pushchinsky Plant”.
In the regions with the release of sand-concrete blocks, too, everything is in order.One of the major suppliers is considered LLC “Ekostroy” From Kineshma in the Ivanovo region. His plants in Moscow and Kaluga has “Trust-Snab”. No less known builders and Tula Zbi Plant, Machining blocks of different types.
Among Siberian suppliers, Sibit Company is of particular interest.
Scope of application
Pump concrete blocks are distinguished by universality. Products with a thickness of 200 mm are suitable for the construction of external walls of multi-storey buildings, thinner are used as inland partitions. Among the designs, the construction of which can be carried out from this material:
- Fences and fences;
- low-rise houses, cottages;
- Separate parts of buildings – base, foundation;
- Arbors with a mangal zone;
- agricultural buildings;
- supply ventilation systems;
- Garage boxes and complexes.
Regardless of where and how exactly the sand-concrete block is used, it provides high design strength. The material is suitable for the construction of large hangars, commercial buildings, multi-storey business complexes.
Tips on masonry
Right to put sandb concrete blocks also need to be able to. It is important to prepare the tools that may be needed: Kelma, Cyans, workflows of suitable size. We need measuring devices, plumbing and cord to check the level. The masonry can be carried out on a conventional cement mortar based on the M400 brand. With independently kneading, it is necessary to ensure the homogeneity of the mixture, remove all lumps from it.
The material is purchased, delivered to the place of work. After the preparation of the solution can be moved to it.
Procedure in this case the same for all types of blocks on a concrete basis.
- Marking. It is carried out using a cord. Need to designate angles, as well as a horizontal line of wall location.
- Masonry of the first row. A solution is placed on top of the waterproofing material. It is installed on it, pressed to the base.
- Execution of the text. Its type is determined by which finishing options are selected for use.
- Continued masonry. Adjacent elements in one row are stacked on the solution, fasten them. Subsequent levels are located without offset. In every 3rd row, instead of a solution of a mounting foam, after 5 levels, it is possible to reinforce with metal rods or grid.
- Formation of Armopoyais. It is done on the last row, in the formwork, with the fill with concrete. The mixture is reinforced under the film to 7 days.
Upon completion of the masonry process, you can start finishing the outer and internal surfaces of the erected structures. Experienced builders recommend before installing blocks to treat their surface with a wet brush. Getting a clear line on the outer corners will help the line – it is stretched between the edges. Jumper also better replace corners.
The solution on the side surfaces of the sandblocks is most convenient to lay a trowel, but you can do it and tightly silent the verge of artificial stones to each other. Call individual elements in the masonry process can be “Bulgarian”. To obtain more subtle seams, you can replace the cement solution with special adhesive.
This will further increase the thermal insulation properties of the finished design.
About what is needed to pay attention to when choosing sand-concrete blocks, look next.